Saturday, April 28, 2007

We interrupt this wedding...


OK...not really the wedding, just the engagement. And it was for a good cause...The Long Beach Grand Prix. Only a long standing family tradition (and cars) could pull Nick away from Chelsea for a few days. And so it was...on April 12th, we loaded the boys (except for Bryan, who had to be responsible and stay in dental school!) in the "souped up" mini van and sped off to California for the 28th annual Long Beach Grand Prix. It was a fast trip, with fast cars and fast women! (not really, but I just had to say that.) It was a very quick trip, but everyone agreed...it was worth it! Even me, and I didn't attend a single race! The boys took off early every morning to make sure they got everything in. They had "pit passes" so they could get up close and personal with both the cars and the stars! (Do you recognize "Handsome Rob?")
It was three days of "racing heaven!" In the meantime, I got to do what I love most...spend time with my family! It was a lot to cram in in just a few days, but it was worth it! The boys got their "engines reved up" and I got my "spirits picked up!" When the last race was over, we grabbed our belongings, jumped back in the van, and headed back to Utah. Now we'll have to wait another year before we hear the roar of the engines, and the roar of the crowd... but as Steele jumped behind the wheel of the mini van, he swears he heard a voice say "Gentlemen, start your engines!"

2 comments:

BreAnna said...

Bry was SO (understandment) sad to miss this, he just is loving the friendships he is developing with the bros and hates hates to miss things like this! They did call and rub it in just a little :o)

Anonymous said...

I'm so sad I wasn't there this year . . . (le sigh). It looks like you all had a wonderful time, I am particularly jealous of the up close and personal visit to the Audi Garage as well as the Ferrari Garage! Soon, I'll be back for those every year!