Monday, October 8, 2007

Big Brother Is Watching!


When I was young...he terrorized me,
When I was a teenager...he teased me,
When I was in my 20's... he tolerated me,
And now that I'm in my 50's... I find he teaches me.

These are just a few of the things I've learned from my big brother Bob!

- I've learned that his impish grin can still charm my mother.
- I've learned that hiding behind that impish grin is a very tender heart.
- I've learned that sports can bring out both the BEST and the WORST in him.
- I've learned that the quickest way to elevate his blood pressure is to mention another wedding.
- I've learned that time has improved his temperament, but not his singing.

- I've learned that even after 56 years he still loves to tease his sisters.
- I've learned that his hair isn't thinning... his mind is expanding!

- I've learned that his daughters melt his heart.
- I've learned that his family is his greatest source of joy and pride.
- I've learned that he is as good to my children as he is his own.
- Through watching him I've learned that grandchildren really are one of life's greatest gifts.

- I've learned that because he never had a brother, God gave him Allen.
- I've learned that no one feels like a stranger when they're around him.
- I've learned that he has earned the respect of his family, his friends and his fellow businessmen.

- I've learned that he shows great courage, even when he feels afraid.
- I've learned that we could always lean on him, even if he felt it might cause him to fall.
- I've learned that he has done more missionary work through his example, than any full time missionary could.
- I've learned that as he grows older, he reminds me more and more of my father.
- I've learned I'm lucky to call him my brother!

Thanks Big Brother for always watching out for me!


5 comments:

Dana and Chase said...

oh my gosh! aunt nancy! that was soo amazing.. it made me cry.. u are such a great person aunt nancy i love u so much! u are so talented!

The last Unicorn said...

OK.. way to make a girl shed some tears! I agree with Dana... we have the best Aunts around! My dad is amazing, I must agree. I try to live my life in ways that would make him proud because of all that he has taught me. Grandma and Grandpa definitely did a good good with their children. I hope I can do the same someday :)

BreAnna said...

this is so sweet, I love these tributes, sometimes you just need to sit down and write down what you love about people, we all could do that a little more. He really is a great man!

kori said...

That was so sweet. He truly is an amazing man!

Melinda said...

What a wonderful tribute to your brother! Love it!