Friday, August 22, 2008

Aloha!

Our "room with a view!"

...although "Mahalo" would probably be a more appropriate title...we are so thankful! We are here in Kauai, at my true "Happy Place!" We came here 11 years ago with the kids and always knew we wanted to come back! Aside from the financial side of it being tricky...the scheduling part was even trickier! But we did it! So we are back again with the entire family, including my mom, two beautiful daughters in law, and one future grand baby! (Bre and Bry are expecting
their first baby in January!) It truly is HEAVENLY! We are having such a great time. All four boys are certified to scuba dive, so they have been diving every morning. (Bre is certified too, but her doctor said "No" to the scuba diving!) We are staying in the exact same place we stayed 11 years ago because we loved it so much. The furniture is a little "worse for the wear", but the view is unbelievable! These are just a few of the pictures from Bryan's camera. I'm sure that Chels and Bre will have a lot on their blogs, and I will add more later. (I'm sure more than anyone wants to see...but me!) Aloha!
Our condo is the corner top one!
Cheslea, enjoying the view.
Blake, Chels and Nick
Sean, Chels, and Nick
Kids watching the waves break on the rocks.
Blake playing on the rocks below our balcony.

10 comments:

Me said...

I am so jealous. I want to be playing around a beach with fabulous sunsets and scuba diving. I'll just settle for going to work everyday and wishing for now I guess. Eventually I would like to make to Kauai for more then 24 hours. It sounds like you are having a great time though. Congrats for getting the whole family there too-I know it can be really tricky

The last Unicorn said...

It looks like you are having a great time and what an amazing condo!!! I think we are all jealous. I am glad you could all be there together... that is really special :)

chelsea said...

Yay for Hawaii!! It really was a perfect trip, even with all of the testosterone! Thanks again for everything, we will always remember this vacation!

Karen said...

Oh COOL! We were just in Maui, wish we could have island hopped and hung out! So hope you had a blast, looks like it!
We will be in Utah in a couple of weeks, hopefully we can see you guys? Its been WAY too long!

Natalie said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the view! I sit here in envy - but so glad you could make a great memory with the family! You guys do things right, that's for sure.

Linda Mott said...

I love Hawaii and I'm so thrilled you got to go. And even better... you went with your whole family. Those pictures are beautiful! How fun Nance. Give your mom my love. She is such a wonderful person!

Jimmy and Lindsey said...

Yeah I wish it were 1 more to go haha! Anyways, I think your right SNL will have some hilarious spoof for her soon! So we can look forward to that! :)

mangrumminute said...

what an awesome family trip. when you first sent out that email to check out bryan and bre's blog, I did and just looked at the marathon pica nd didn't really read through it and missed the whole HUMAN INSIDE BRE thing! It wasn't until Grandma came back that I heard the news. You grandson is going to LOVE you.

mangrumminute said...

OK so I just read through my comment and it is full of errors. Oops. That is what happens when you post things past midnight.

Brooke said...

beautiful pictures. how awesome that you were able to do that. I'm sure your kids totally appreciate it. and yeah for the january grandbaby!!!