Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Ouch!


About two weeks ago, I woke up with  canker sores on the bottom of my mouth.  They appeared out of nowhere and have continued to spread all over my mouth.  I just get a few of them healed and new ones appear.  I think I am on the last set.  (I hope!)  
I get canker sores when I eat oranges, strawberries, pineapple, tomatoes, nuts (including peanut m & m's!) and sugar.  I even get them when I go to the dentist.  (always around the tooth he works on.)
I have tried a number of things, and some of them help to shorten the duration of them, but does anyone know anything that will help PREVENT them?  Summer is coming and I am looking forward to all the fruits and vegetables in my garden, but these canker sores are a high price to pay for enjoying the bounties of the season.  Any suggestions?

3 comments:

BreAnna said...

Ooo that stinks, they are the worst, I don't know if any of these work becasue the cause is somewhat unclear. But here's what I've heard. NO toothpaste or with SLS (sodium lauryl sulfate)-this one really does work if you have one already it will heal much faster! Eat yogurt and other cultured. Stop smoking :o)Raw onions, and no iron supplements.
That's all I've got but the Dr. in the house may have more :o)

Me said...

Sorry, I'm no help either. I just wanted to tell you thank so much for dinner. The soup was to die for!

Anonymous said...

My suggestion is don't eat oranges, strawberries, pineapple, tomatoes, nuts or M & Ms! Ha ha! I'll do some research!