Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Grateful for Grads!

We've had a busy, but memorable month...four graduations and a trip to New York!
Up first...Chelsea! She graduated from the University of Utah on May 7th! What a GREAT accomplishment and a great day! We're very proud of her determination and hard work! She's amazing. Doesn't she look beautiful and smart! (No "small brain" here! ;) Congratulations Chelsea!!

Next up... On May 26th Bryan received his doctorate in dentistry from NYU! (Not to mention he graduated WITH HONORS in aesthetic dentistry! Can I just say "WOW!" This is something I can't even imagine doing. I couldn't be more proud of him and his beautiful wife BreAnna! Luckily, all his family was there to help him celebrate! Congratulations! And...if anyone needs a fabulous dentist, I just happen to know one!
Then, on June 5th, Sean graduated from Bountiful High School. This is our last child to graduate from high school! (I can't stand it!) I still remember my mother at my high school graduation...she cried a lot harder than I did, and now I understand why. No more high school plays, musicals, dances, basketball and football games. Life changes dramatically after high school. Sean seems to handling it just fine...I'm the one who's struggling! He has worked incredibility hard since he started school 12 years ago and it shows! We're proud of him and his many accomplishments!


And last, BUT not least...Sean graduated with his four year degree from Seminary! I'm as proud of him for this accomplishment as I am for all his school accomplishments.
As I told all my kids, (and I include Bre and Chels) we are very blessed, and I am so proud of each of them! They are all so different...each with different talents and different challenges, but they get along so well and they love and support each other through everything! As a mother, there is no greater pay off!!

1 comment:

Me said...

You've had a busy week/month. What an accomplishment though for my cousins. You are such an example to them though and they never could have done it without. You and your family are great examples to us all (especially me).