Friday, July 24, 2009

Happy Birthday Princess Tammy

If this date isn't on your calendar...it should be! Today is Tammy's birthday! (I won't mention which one.) Tammy moved here 17 years ago and brought new meaning to the sentence..."there goes the neighborhood!" It's true, our neighborhood hasn't been the same since her arrival... it's only gotten better! She has definitely brought a bright spot to Briggs Drive and we have learned many things from her... these are just a few of them!

-I've learned that "big hair" will NEVER die.
-I've learned that her "precious feet" aren't precious anymore.
-I've learned that Tammy can even make exercising fun (or at least "do-able")





-I've learned that she has special radar when it comes to finding a public restroom.
-I've learned that NO ONE is faster than Tammy when it comes to using that restroom!






-I've learned that she is always the first one to laugh at herself.
-I've learned that she absolutely adores my grand baby and is anxious to have one of her own. (Lindsey....)
-I've learned that she is the perfect person to pull off a practical joke!
-I've learned that I can tell her anything...
-I've learned that she is a lot less expensive than a psychiatrist!
-I've learned that no matter what is going on in my life, she can always make me smile!

-I've learned that NO ONE can sport a "fanny pack" like Tammy!
-I've learned that I can trust her with anything.
-I've learned that she always has a shoulder for me to cry on.
-I've learned that if she has knee surgery, I have sympathy pains!
-I've learned that there is no greater compliment than when people think we're sisters.
-I've learned that she is the sister I choose for myself!




HAPPY BIRTHDAY PRINCESS

3 comments:

Jimmy and Lindsey said...

Haha Nancy, that was hilarious and very sweet.

I love that her precious feet aren't so precious. They really aren't anymore are they?

Oh and I don't know what your talking about with her being anxious for a grandbaby....she told me to wait another 5 years or so, so she doesn't have to babysit or anything. Also, she says I am way too young and need to accomplish a lot more in my life...In fact, I don't think she really wants one at all.

Haha jk...she envies you so much with little baby Steele around. :) Who I really want to see again by the way!

Anyway, I will have to make sure and show her what you wrote, that was very cute! I am so glad she has such a wonderful friend! You are two peas in a pod...and truly seem like sisters!

tamala winonia gore fadel said...

THank You Nancy for writing those wonderful things about me. I could say the same about you and then some. We are two peas in a pod, and I love you very much. Thank you for gun cake and all you do for me. Thanks to you I will live a long life because we laugh all the time, even if other people don't think its funny.Lindsey if you read this you know, I will not wait 5 years for a grandbaby. I will do something to your pills.
Little Steele will get all of my love, until Nick and Chelsea have one. Then I'll have to share myself with the Larson babies. I still have my Right foot that is precious! Thank You again Nancy my little heart was VERY touched by what you wrote.

Elise & Ty said...

GREAT post...actually, posts. Sorry, I haven't caught up on your blog for a little while?! Looks like you guys have been busy. And, I love the little bit I know of Tammy...how great you guys have each other as "chosen sisters" (they're the best kind!) I'll see you soon hopefully!!

Oh - and, thanks for asking about Ty - he's still doing really well and we feel SO BLESSED that things went so well. He's feeling better already!