Monday, March 3, 2008

Best Invention EVER!


For several years now Sunday nights are Family Dinner nights, and as the kids get older and move away, it's been a little trickier to do. But we continue the tradition...it's just matter of who shows up!
Needless to say, Bryan and BreAnna have the hardest time making it...New York is just too far to commute for a Sunday meal. You'd think that after three years I would have adjusted to smaller numbers, but I haven't and it's just not the same without Bry and Bre!
...This is where "the best invention ever" comes in! Bryan and Nick both have Mac Books with web cams so we can video chat. It is the next best thing to being there! It almost feels like they are right here with us. (Almost) Bryan has taken his lap top all around his New York City apartment to give both his Grandmas a tour! I know technology has been used for a lot of corrupt things...but it is wonderful for moments like this!
Nick and Chelsea will be moving to New Jersey in a couple of months and I will be I loosing another son and daughter in law!! (I can't imagine Sunday dinners without Nick and Chels!) Not to mention... I am also loosing the "web cam!" I think a new lap top is in order...don't you?

9 comments:

Linda Mott said...

Nance, your family has the coolest traditions! I used to have everyone over for FHE and meals but it just got too crazy! I have grandchild #10 on the way and with their parents it means 20 people (and the kids were WILD) so... I have them over one family at a time. That way we get a little one on one. Whatever works, right?

The last Unicorn said...

I love that you guys do this... something about the whole web cam thing makes me feel weird. I just keep thinking... "I am talking to a computer!" It looks like you have some Matsens joining the group to fill some of the empty seats :)

Anonymous said...

Nick and Chelsea are moving to New Jersey? When did this happen and why? What a surprise!

BreAnna said...

Ya, new laptop!! Just think in a little over a year, we will be back around that table, can you believe it!! It's amazing how fast it really has gone! I do love the web cam, it would be great for a grandbaby if you could ever get one :o)

mangrumminute said...

Maybe you will have to go to the East Coast for some Sunday Dinners!

Brooke said...

good thing you've got those matsens up there to fill the space up!!

chelsea said...

yes, yes, yes.. time for a new laptop! I think that is a good idea! I love the web cam chats, it is much more fun than talking through an email!

Me said...

A new laptop is definately in order. We have a web cam and I've used it once, but it is still too weird for me. But all my family is here. So I don't need it. I have to say though that I miss the Sunday dinners at your house. I don't know if it's just the food either. We always feel so comfortable with you guys. Thanks again for everything that you do!

Dana and Chase said...

man us davis are feeling left out! i guess its time i start coming up and filling in some seats :)