Thursday, June 12, 2008

He's The Man! (Steeleman, that is!)

With the end of winter and the onset of spring (summer now), comes all the springtime home repairs. The retaining wall is crumbling, the cooler isn't cooling, sprinkler heads are broken, the fence is falling and needs to be stained...not to mention the yard that has been buried under snow for several months is a mess! About this time a lot women would start searching the yellow pages for the nearest "handy man," but not me...I am lucky enough to be married to the superhero, "Steeleman!"
During the day, he is mild mannered jewelery salesman Steele, by night he ditches his "Armani" suit to don a pair of jeans and become Superhero STEELMAN! Able to lay tile with a single "swipe", repair retaining walls with an artists touch, rebuild a fence with brute strength, and repair the brand new cooler that "mere mortals" installed,( and he isn't even green!) I am in awe of his abilities! With the help of his dad and his brother, he built our home over 22 years ago. He'd NEVER done anything like this before, and I know he felt completely overwhelmed at times, but HE DID IT! I love our home...it not only carries all the wonderful memories of raising our children, it has Steele's touch everywhere!! More than his amazing abilities, he is a WONDERFUL husband and father who truly loves life! I am so blessed to be married to him! He is more handsome than the day I married him (The proof is in the picture!)












and he never fails to make me laugh! So here's to Steele! I love him more than my word can say and I thank him for the joy he has brought to my life...HE IS THE MAN!

7 comments:

Dana and Chase said...

oh i love it aunt nancy! i look up to urs and uncle steeles relationship and hope ours will be as amazing as yours 25 years from now!i love you guys

Me said...

You are lucky, but he is just as lucky to have you! I have always had good examples around me between you guys and my parents. I am so grateful to both of you for helping to set the standard for me and my family, so THANK YOU!

chelsea said...

He is the Steeleman!! Luckily I married his son, who carries many of those same qualities, and don't forget the personality!

BreAnna said...

This is so sweet, and yes he is quite amazing! One of my favorite things I discover about Bryan as we have been married longer and longer is just how much I see Steele in him, he really does have so much of his qualities and mannorisms, and more seem to come out all the time, and that is a GREAT thing! You guys are a great team, couple and example!

mangrumminute said...

It takes a special kind of man to live up to the name Steele!! One thing about Steele is that anyone who meets him loves him, someone you want to be around. Always fun to be around. He reminds me of Grandpa in that way.

kori said...

What a cute post. I agree with Nicole, he has a big name to live up to!

Natalie said...

I love this post. So sweet and SO true. It almost brought tears to my eyes. I admire you both so much and LOVE that you're still so in-love.

Thanks for being the amazing people that you are!