Friday, February 19, 2010

Since He's Been Gone...

After we dropped Sean off at the MTC, we came home to find an empty house and this little guy! My dear friend Tammy had gone to "Build A Bear" and made me my own missionary bear! (She also made one for herself because Jared left on his mission the following week.) When I squeezed the bear's hand, we heard Sean's voice saying..."I love you mom and dad, see you soon!" Steele and I just broke down and cried ...but my "Seanie" bear is my favorite thing!
I felt so sad as I started to think about all the places and trips Sean would miss in the next two years, but then I realized... this "Sean" could come! So for the next 2 years I am taking my bear all the places that Sean would go if he were here and then document them all! Just thinking about the plethora of places I could take him made me smile. Now Tammy's on board and we are taking our bears everywhere! (Much to Steele's dismay.) People look at us like we are crazy...but what else is new? At the end of two years we're going to put the pictures together in a book and give it to the boys. I know they will get a good laugh from it, but not near as many laughs as it will bring us along the way! So here's just a few of the early shots of Elder Larson and Elder Fadel...don't be surprised if one day they end up on your doorstep!
Sunday Dinner
Ready to go!


With his loyal dog!
With his cousin Dalton
his favorite nephew!
Ordering at "Mo Bettah"
Ummm...Yummy!

5 comments:

Natalie said...

THIS IS HILARIOUS!!! YOU TWO ARE WAY TOO MUCH FUN!!!

You'll have to update us on the life of seanie bear every now and then. It serves to bring a great smile. (And isn't that what being a missionary is all about?)

BreAnna said...

This is so cute. This is going to be such a fun thing to follow as you two get more and more crazy and cleaver with your ideas! I have no doubt you will up the ante as time goes on!

kori said...

Lori was telling me about this today. Hilarious. I love it!

Jimmy and Lindsey said...

What will you and my mom think of next. You two are the cutest! That is such a good idea...and hilarious!!

wuxiheather said...

so funny, I love it!