Monday, December 31, 2007

White Christmas!

They say statistically it rarely happens...but we actually had a "White Christmas" this year! It snowed all night Christmas Eve and lightly on Christmas morning. It was beautiful and just added to the already wonderful holiday season!



We started off Christmas with an early morning breakfast with Bry, Bre, Blake, Sean, Steele and I, while Nick and Chelsea celebrated with her family. When Nick and Chelsea joined us we could get the party started! As usual we had to start off with the family tradition of breaking through the "wrapped" door to the Christmas room!

Before "crashing through" the Christmas door!
The youngest child is always used as a "ramrod" to break through the wrapping.!
Bry and Bre

Nick and Chelsea

Blake...moving in on Chelsea!

Sean still wearing his favorite "ugly sweater"

Blake playing with Monte

Steele, with his "Grand Teton" book that Bry and Bre made especially for him.

I know everyone says it, but I really do LOVE this time of year...
I love... (especially in todays world) that we continue to have a day to honor and celebrate the birth of Our Savior!
I love the lights,
I love the snow,
I love the food... (need I say more?)
I love the music (I could play it year round...but I don't.)
I love the smells,
I love preparing all the Christmas goodies...and maybe sampling a few of them.
I love all the traditions,
I love wrapping presents (except for the ones left until Christmas Eve)
But most of all...I LOVE being with family! Merry Christmas Everyone and Happy 2008!

1 comment:

BreAnna said...

This Christmas really was so magical, the snow was wonderful and make the whole world seem clean and soft. I think I will always think that each christmas was the best one as we leave it, but honestly we had SUCH a good time this year, we enjoy the company of our family so much that it really is the best gift we can be given at this stage of our life! Thanks for all you do to make it so speical!