Saturday, January 5, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad!








Dad with Sue, Bob and me in 1953.




Mom and Dad in 1945...could they be any cuter?


Today is January 5th and it would have been my dad's 84th birthday! Although he cannot be with us here with us, I know he is celebrating with family members somewhere on the other side! I think about Dad a lot and miss him more than I am able to put into words, but I find great solace knowing that he is much happier and healthier now than he was the last few months of his mortal existence.
So, although we will have celebrate his birthday this year without him... we can continue to celebrate his life, his love, his example, his generosity, his humor, and everything he means to each of us!
They say that time helps to heal all wounds, and I know it's probably true...but when I think about not seeing my dad for another 30 years or so, it seems almost unbearable! Yet, I am so grateful for the years we had with him and for all the wonderful memories he left us. I am blessed to have had him in my life. I know there are many people who have not have been as fortunate as I to have had a father like him!
So cherished memories will get us through for now...I am grateful for each and every one of them! I love you Daddy! Happy Birthday!

Dad with Lori at her wedding in June 2007.

6 comments:

The last Unicorn said...

That picture of Grandpa in bed with you kids looks so much like my dad! I think we even have some pictures just like it. I have a feeling he spent this birthday celebrating and reuniting with some old friends.
Happy Birthday Grandpa! We miss you!!!

Linda Mott said...

Hi Girl! I'm sitting at my desk at work blubbering like a baby looking at all these wonderful pictures! Where did all the years go? Your family is beautiful! You are still as beautiful and young looking as ever. How I loved having you as my best friend. You were always there. I miss you terribly.

BreAnna said...

This is such a sweet post, and no I dont think your mom could look any cuter, it looks like a couple from a movie! He always had that "magic" around him didn't he!

Dana and Chase said...

aunt nancy you always know what to say! what a great birthday for grandpa.. and all those kids look so much like all of us cousins! love you nancy!

Me said...

I almost started to cry while I read your post. You did such a good job at honoring him. We all have such good memories of him that we'll have forever.

Brooke said...

I love the pictures. I want to see more - especially of you kids when you were young. Your house looked amazing on christmas. I've never been in the snow at christmas time - i think it'd make the day extra special.