Saturday, February 14, 2009

My Funny Valentine!

Steele and I have been married for 31 years. That's a long time...long enough to FORGET our anniversary. (That's what happened this year!) Luckily we both forgot, so we had a good laugh about it.
When we were younger, I would make a much bigger deal out of Valentines Day. As our family grew, it became more about the kids and less about us. But after 31 years, (33 if you count the two years we dated) I figured it was time to tell everyone just why Steele is still my one and only Valentine!


I love Steele because he is a GREAT father and a great example to his sons.








I love Steele because he is as great at being a grandfather, as he is at being a father.








I love Steele because he's not afraid of being laughed at!
(He's in the HOT DOG costume!)







I love Steele because he is very good to his mother.








I love Steele because he is a GREAT dancer!








I love Steele because he can fall asleep ANYWHERE...
(This just happens to be Nick and Chelsea's wedding!)







I love Steele because he LOVES to play!








I love Steele because he will try anything.








I love Steele because he laughed when I gave him his own sweater for our "Ugly Sweater Contest!"










I love Steele because a few months later I gave his "Ugly Sweater" to Deseret Industries...and he never even noticed!


I love Steele because the next year he went to Deseret Industries to buy me a sweater for the Ugly Sweater Contest...and he found HIS sweater...in the women's department!



I love Steele for all of these reasons and MORE! He truly is the love of my life, and I am thankful for him everyday! So Happy Valentines Day Steele! You are my one, and my only, funny Valentine!

4 comments:

Natalie said...

This made Chris and I smile. ESPECIALLY finding his own sweater again at DI ... in the women's department. lol THANKS for sharing - I hope we're as happy after 30+ years of marriage!

Brooke said...

How awesome that he found the same sweater! they must not have much of a turnover there :)I loved all the pictures - especially the dancing one in the purple top!

kori said...

What a good post! I love that you both forgot your anniversay-that is too funny!

chelsea said...

I loved this post! He really is such a great guy, and very, very funny! However, why was he sleeping at my wedding?! ;) Happy Valentine's Day!