Thursday, March 5, 2009

Top Ten Things I Love About Being Sick...

( I didn't have a picture of me looking sick, so here's one of Nick looking rather sick!)

OK...let me start off by saying that being sick is NO FUN, but because I believe you can find good in everything (and I'm bored), here are the top ten things I love about being sick!

10. I don't have little kids at home, so I really can stay down and rest. (A luxury that young mothers don't have.)
9. I get to experiment with new drugs...(cold medicines!)
8. I now know all the "TV Judges" by name! (we don't have cable and there's nothing on daytime TV)
7. I don't have to clean toilets (or anything) wash, cook, grocery shop or any of that fun stuff! (Of course, it's just waiting for me to recover.)
6. I can indulge in "guilt free" reading, crocheting, and movie watching!
5. My cute little dog hasn't left my side! (If he could only bring me my juice and medicine.)
4. Nick brought me my favorite Keva Juice...with "Immuni-Gizer!"
3. Shawn, sensing my TV drought, brought me the first season of "Burn Notice" with some beautiful spring flowers! (They make me SMILE!)
2. Tammy made my Costco run for me and brought me DELICIOUS homemade Chicken Soup! (I'm feeling better already!)
AND THE NUMBER ONE thing I love about being sick is...GETTING BETTER!

Thanks everyone for all your kindness and help!

5 comments:

Me said...

I'm so sorry. I had no idea that you were sick. I can loan you High School Musical 3 if you'd like?! Just kidding. If you need anything, please call me. I'd love to help you out!

Jimmy and Lindsey said...

Feel better Nancy! :)

The last Unicorn said...

I know... sometimes I actually like being sick. Maybe for a day that I don't have a whole lot to get done. It is nice to have people take care of you for a change and indulge in being lazy with out guilt. I hope you feel better soon... it's no fun being sick for too long :)

chelsea said...

Guilt free resting is the best! I hope you feel better soon though, we have a little baby coming to visit us very soon!!

Natalie said...

This made me smile. What a great attitude you have. I'd have to make my #1 of that list: "Husband waits on me." That part makes it ALMOST worth being sick. Almost.